Monday, October 26, 2009

Review on "Strict Joy" masterfully routine

I came across, The Swell Season's new album, Strict Joy the other day and instantly pre-ordered the lp from their website-http://www.theswellseason.com/. During the first on many, listenings my favorite quote from Whalt Whittman came to mind, "Arouse! for you must justify me."

The follow up release to their unblemished Once album/movie, to me, Strict Joy seems masterfully routine. If I could ask them a question it would be, "How does it feel to be in complete control of the song, and therefore be able to-in every way-manipulate it into its own prefection?" One possible answer could be left to Neitzsche, he says, "In muisc the passions enjoy themselves."

If you liked Once and then forgot about it, shame on you. Luckiley for all of us, they did it again. Hope you check out Strict Joy, and enjoy while it kicks you butt. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment